Come up with a list of 12 of your characters, then answer the following 24 questions using that list. No peeking at the questions until the list is made, of course...
I used a mix of characters from MUCKs, video games, role playing games, and stories I wrote.
1. K'Teri - summoned earth elemental staying around to help, from city of heroes
2. Elise - immortal, shapeshifting, magic-using angel. Still in high school.
3. Mouse - Angsty teenager who decided not to go insane, when the opportunity arose.
4. Wayne Datek - Lazy magictech craftsman Cytherian
5. Lixia - Dragon-god of the Drakivolki
6. Zanzibar - Kobold Warlock in thrall to an evil cube
7. Litany - Schizophrenic who talks to ghosts... which are real, and do poltergeist stuff for her
8. Shadow - Ninja housecat with shadow-magic powers
9. Kijji - Immature, playful, sadistic weasel-demon
10. Karen - Conscientious slave to dragons with a little too much initiative for her own good
11. Sophie - reckless wild fire mage Manis
12. Seek - Regenerating Rat currently posing as Jesus
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 or 11?
Neither would be any good at it. They're both kind of ditzy characters who flirt with evil and danger. I suppose Sophie's magic is a skill she learned, while Zanzibar's is an inborn special ability, so Sophie would at least have something to teach the incorrect way that no one should ever do it.
2. Do you think 2 is hot? How hot?
Er... she's like, 16, dude.
3. 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Seek sends Shadow to browbeat Kantrigar into stopping all the nasty things he's supposedly doing. Shadow is way, way out of his league, despite being a superhero. That is, his 'love me' power has a saving throw, which Kantrigar would make, being a god. So, no, it fails.
4. What is or would be 9's favorite book?
Something violent and pornographic... a violent porno comic book, too, since while he's technically literate he prefers pictures.
5. Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
Zanzibar swears fealty at the drop of a hat, and Elise is silly-powerful. But... Zanzibar's already under the control of The Cube, and Elise tends to fail her saving throws against mind control. So, Elise would swear fealty to Zanzibar, under mental compulsion.
6. For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he share a studio apartment with 9 or with 10?
... Karen, no contest. Not that Lixia could *fit* in a studio apartment.
7. 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Elise, Litany, and Seek have dinner, probably in Portland -- Litany could get there thanks to the Portal Corporation, and Elise has a tendency to fall through naturally occuring portals, while Seek can't find his way out of a paper bag without someone to drag him by the tail. Litany hates talking to living people, and Elise tends to be shy until she gets pissed off about something, so it'd probably be Seek berating Litany for barging into his dimension and beating up random 'bad guys', with Elise leaping to her defense for no good reason.
8. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Mouse no doubt wins handily at whatever video game she challenged Karen to a duel in, since Karen's from a nontechnological society.
9. If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would she/he get it back?
Shadow would have no trouble whatsoever getting whatever magical artifact K'Teri stole back from Azuria's vault.
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
Didn't we already do Litany and Seek? Seek actually just wants things to be normal and peaceful. Litany wants everyone to die. So... "See you in heaven"?
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
Wayne would accidentally get K'Teri when he tried to summon an earth spirit to maintain some spell or other as part of one of his devices... then fall in love. He loves all women, you know.
12. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
I'd probably spend the whole weekend confused, attacking random people and pets, then she'd laugh at me as I got sent to the insane asylum.
13. If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
Right. Of COURSE this question would pick the one character with no special abilities or resources, who actually lives in my world. "Hey, Mouse... you want to go get dinner or something?"
14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11?
byackley drew a very nice picture of her, actually.
15. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
Elise is a sucker for the underdog, and Wayne can be very convincing when he wants to be, which is almost all the time. Also, Lixia is a queen bitch.
16. What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
"For [insert current master's name here]!"
17. If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
I'm being followed by a mooooonshadow...
18. 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
K'Teri, Zanzibar, and Seek. Zanzibar by far the most nimble, given that K'Teri's an earth elemental and Seek is comically clumsy, so, probably the little kobold.
19. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
Elise trying to pick up Karen: "I need you to help me with something."
20. What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
...genocide? It would take a major military force to subdue her, and she's guilty of just about anything you can think of, so why aim low?
21. What is 6's secret?
That he's enslaved to an evil cube and has been sacrificing humans to it. Only *bad* humans though, or so he tells himself.
22. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
They're both very fast runners. Kijji can teleport, but he'd never 'cheat' like that -- he tends to make up parameters for a contest based on what he sees the other person doing, and try to stick to those rules of engagement. So, Sophie would be the first to cheat. Kijji's immune to fire, but Sophie'd probably manage to trick him into crashing into a river or something.
23. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
Litany and Shadow are both superheroes, so I'd *be* perfectly safe with either of them. Shadow doesn't want to kill all humans, though, so he's my choice.
24. 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he/she is actually a spy for 4 . Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
K'Teri and Kijji -- yeah, reluctant is the word. Wayne could very believably have a sinister secret organization, and Sophie would totally work for him. Wayne kidnaps... Seek? SEEK? Is Seek Kijji's favorite chew toy, perhaps? So K'Teri and Kijji go to Lixia for advice (sensible, actually) and she sends them to earth, to talk to Mouse. You know, as crossovers go, that isn't a bad plot.
But, a title, eh? "A Lasting Peace." Wayne's all about peace, so his sinister secret organization would most likely be preventing all conflict using increasingly dangerous mind-control.