Yes, I just spoiled the teaser that comes before the theme song. MUA HA HA HA.
- Pinkie Pie has a prehensile mane and tail, just like Applejack and Applebloom.
- Pinkie can remove stuff from the bottom of a stack without knocking it over, just like Goldie Delicious
- A word at the bottom of a ridiculously long scroll is smudged but looks sort of like 'Pie'
- Apples are generally serious, down to earth folks.
- Cutie mark is in no way apple related
- Pinkie sucked at farming when she tried it.
- Pinkie Pie is clearly not a living, flesh and blood pony. She's some sort of insane chaos spirit with stretchy limbs and weird magic powers.
It was kind of annoying that the show didn't actually answer the question, though.
It had a catchy song, though, and somehow Granny Smith's senility was not cringe-inducing. Huh. There were also a lot of funny sight gags -- the eagle, the balloons, the cave of unspeakable horrors (where Pinkie probably saved everypony from the grues with her flash photography), the crazy cat lady and her giant leopard (is Ahuizotl secretly an Apple?).
So I liked it, even if nothing really happened.